Depending on the nature of your inquiry, you may be asked to provide a screenshot of your game or transaction receipt.
Screenshots are quick and easy to capture on iOS devices:
- Press the Home button and Power button at the same time.
- If a screenshot was successfully captured, the screen will flash briefly.
- The image will be saved to the Photos app on the device.
- Open the Photos app and tap the image.
- Press and hold with your finger anywhere on the image. You will see the option to Copy. Tap to copy the image to your clipboard.
- Open your email reply to our team. Press and hold with your finger anywhere in the empty text space, then choose Paste.
- The image should be added to your email. Add any desired text above or below the pasted image, and then send the message.
For instructions on how to take screenshots with an iPhone X, please visit Apple's Help Site.
On iOS 11 or above, you can take a video recording of your screen. Apple also has instructions on how to do this on their support site. Please be aware that a recording of your screen will capture everything you see. Always remember to quit the screen recording process before entering passwords or other sensitive personal information.
If you are looking up your transaction history through iTunes on a computer, please refer to the PC or Mac instructions provided below.
There are two simple methods for capturing a screenshot on PC. The PrintScreen button automatically captures the full screen, while the Snipping Tool allows you to select the area you want to capture. (Not all PCs offer both options, depending on your version of Windows.)
PrintScreen on PC
- While the image/information you want to capture is visible on the screen, tap the PrintScreen button on your keyboard.
- Open Microsoft Paint and paste the contents of your clipboard into that tool.
- Save the image and add it as an attachment to your support request.
Snipping Tool on PC
- While the image/information you want to capture is visible on the screen, open the Snipping Tool.
- Drag to select the area you want to capture.
- Save the image to send as an attachment. Or, if you are replying to an existing message, click the Copy icon in the Snipping Tool window, then paste the image into your reply.
- Press Command (⌘) + Shift + 4 on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Use the cursor (it will look like crosshairs now) to select the area you want to capture.
- When you release the cursor, the selected area will be saved to a .PNG file on your desktop.
- Attach that file to your support request.
Instructions for Android devices vary by manufacturer and Android OS version. We recommend looking for the instructions specific to your device.