DoubleDown Fort Knox River of Riches Official Rules
No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase does not increase chances of winning. The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be governed by U.S. laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal U.S. resident currently located and residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Official Rules below.
- DESCRIPTION: The River of Riches event begins on June 5, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 7, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). On June 8, 2020, 10 winners will be selected from the entries to win a grand prize of =credits. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is DoubleDown Interactive, 605 5th Avenue South, Seattle, WA, 98104 (“Sponsor”). Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Prizes will be awarded as described in Section 6 of these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to DoubleDown Fort Knox players who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” or, collectively, “Entrants”). Entrants must have a DoubleDown Fort Knox account and be logged in through their Facebook account in the game. Sponsor, Administrator (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential winner in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder of the Facebook account associated with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Sweepstakes prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. 1.) Purchase Entry: Eligible entrants must sign in to their Facebook-connected DoubleDown Fort Knox account via a mobile device and make a purchase during the Sweepstakes Period. Eligible entrants who purchase credits during the Sweepstakes Period will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. 2.) Non-Purchase Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants must email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: DoubleDown Fort Knox River of Riches Credits Giveaway Entry) and include their Full Name, Address, Date of Birth and email address in the email message to automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on June 7, 2020. There is no in-game mechanism that displays player progress toward this challenge; players should keep track of their progress if desired. Any deliberate attempt to manipulate the entry process may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address used for entry. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the 30,000,000 credits depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. A winner can only receive one of the 10
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: On June 8, 2020, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select 10 potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winners must have a valid Facebook account tied to their game account.
- PRIZES: Participants will be entered in a drawing and may be selected to win 30,000,000 There are 10 prizes of 30,000,000 credits available.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR.
The winners will be notified by email and announced on the Facebook Wall. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer a prize to another person. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If a winner cannot accept a prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The value of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Each winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if applicable, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Limit one (1) prize per person. Other restrictions may apply.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection, notification, and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Winner authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her photo, video, name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information but may do so and may edit such information, at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- ARBITRATION AND GOVERNING LAW: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable (or void), shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall an Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Washington.
- WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the list of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “DoubleDown Fort Knox River of Riches Credits Giveaway" Winners’ List/Rules, DoubleDown Interactive, 605 5th Avenue South, Seattle, WA, 98104. Requests for the name of the winners must be received no later than July 24, 20 Vermont residents may omit return postage.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK IS COMPLETELY RELEASED OF ALL LIABILITY BY EACH ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ENTRANTS WILL BE PROVIDED TO SPONSOR AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND WILL NOT BE PROVIDED TO FACEBOOK.